EVERYONE is welcome and encouraged to join us!
April 2nd, 2017
Hong Kong Buffet 2pm
Meeting was called to order at 2:00pm there was 12 people in attendance
Nathan is standing in for Becky McNutt
Minute were read by Jesse. Motion to accept the Minutes made by Lisa P and seconded by Cindy N.
Treasures Report: Checking: $1665.29 Savings: $1539.54. Judy made motion to receive the report and seconded by Cindy N
Correspondence: No correspondence
No new updates on any of the shows
Janece brought up that Great Lakes Rodeo would like UPHA to donate a free membership to the Great Lake Rodeo Kick-off party as a raffle item. After much discussion Karen made a motion to donate a membership, Judy seconded it. All in favor: 4 opposed: 3. Motion carried. Janece will make up a form.
Marquette County Horse Club:
If stalls are paid for by May 15th they are $25 and if paid after May 15th they will be $30.
Marquette County will not be using our computer program. They feel they shouldn’t have to pay to use the computer and program so they will be using their own.
Judy will need to get with Lisa P to buy the new show program. Becky and Christa will also help Judy with downloading the program.
Fun Show: Saturday May 20th.
- After the SSSC meeting Jesse will let Lisa P if they will be sending us the $75 sponsorship or just paying the show ground fee for us.
- Jesse passed out flyers, show bill, and class entry forms
- Passed around a job list. All jobs filled but the out gate.
- We will have access to the bathrooms but cannot ride in the indoor. No horses allowed in the barn!
- Phyllis has the high point bags done and will get them to Jesse to have screen printed. Judy will get the hooks.
- Abby has ordered the ribbons and brought them to show everyone.
- Judy will ask the fairgrounds if it rains if we can use the indoor.
- We have flyers to post at Mels. Mare Z Doats, TSC, etc. Jesse will ask the daily press to see if they will publish something for us.
- If any of our weekend sponsors have paid by May and we can get the banners made in time we will have them posted at the fun show.
- Yes on the 50/50.
- Cindy found a concession called Temporary Fillings and will see if they would like to bring their food truck.
- Members arrive around 8am. Gate 5 will be open.
- Ribbon race has two members. Each riderr pays the $5. Will not count for high point.
- Concession: Brisket Barn will be there Saturday & Sunday
- Tyler will have his tack trailer there
- Judges contracts have been sent out and received back.
- Lisa will book their motel rooms. Cindy will check with a couple motels to see if they will give us a discount in exchange for a sponsorship.
- Sponsors: 13 wkd sponsors, 28 class sponsors and 1 high point sponsor.
- Class Registration Policy: It was brought up last year about being able to cancel classes and get your money back. After discussion we decided money will only be refunded if there is an injury or illness with the horse or rider.
- Awards: Abby ordered one day of awards from Tyler and will order the rest from Schneiders in June
- Lisa P brought up that Nancy Redfern is trying to sell all her merchandise. Lisa picked up a saddle carrier and would like to donate it to the show. After discussion we would like to find one other award and offer an overall and a high point for each age division. Lisa will also see if she can find any awards for our second day of showing at Nancys and let Abby know so she can order less from Schneiders.
Nathan made a motion to end the meeting at 2:56pm and seconded by Cindy.